October 16, 2013

SQLSaturday Charleston SCRecap and Oracle Issues

I have been having issues installing Oracle 11g R2, actually Oracle install and works just find the main issue are the OLEDB drivers when trying to connect using SSIS.  First I get an error that it can't find the oracle home, then that the variable path is not correct.. and the list goes on.
I have check most recommendations from Oracle forums and Microsoft and this issue is taking longer than expected. So let see if I can finally set that up straight, I guess installing Oracle 12 c and then uninstalling was a big mistake.
Hopefully tomorrow I'm able to figured that out.
Finally I did have a great time on my first visit to the city of Charleston, SC. I visited the old market and most of the down town area, SQLSaturday was great and the hospitality of the host was amazing. THANK YOU, hope to see you guys again next year.Now back into the Oracle Fix

  1. Install Oracle Database 11gR2 64bit
  2. Install Both Oracle Clients the 64 and 32 bits
  3. Uninstall and re-install the Microsoft 64 bits attunity drivers 
  4. Copy the TSNAME.ORA File to the 32 bits Client Network\Admin folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *