January 23, 2013

The Parsing Challenge

I'm bored to death @ work and I decided to build a new application to proved a point.Normally the process of parsing a particular file is nothing more than take the file and loaded to a table while transforming the proper data type. Currently this is done via UDF and this application was build under a SQL2000 mentality which always required constant maintenance and the team has growth from 2 to 4 people management doesn't want to do anything because if is not broke don't fixed,however, there is always a fired to fixed.Now we are upgrading those packages from 2005 to 2012 but nothing is been replace or fixed its only an upgrade, so if you driving a buggy and put the engine in a corvette guess what still nothing more than a buggy with are better look. I have try over the years to chance this process but I can't go against the status quote, so, as a way to leave my frustrations behind I'm going to build this new solution and shared it with the world.Hopefully some poor soul will find this useful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *